TRIUMPHANT

Was able to do some lettering and cutting 😍
Which was timely for what I was about to realize

We can celebrate our weaknesses too.

*
     Early this morning, I transferred the choco powder from the pack to the empty container by the cupboard where it is placed. I felt something wrong, but I continued anyway.So not all of the choco powder was transferred (lack of space).Quite confused,I just made my own choco drink from the remaining powder in the pack and moved on.

       A few minutes later, my mom was so amused at how I managed to have everything fit in that small container.She showed me the container for the choco powder which was in the plate rack(my father washed it and had to dry it there).Woops.She asked me then,"anak, bakit ba lagi kang kalat?"That's when it hit me. I realized OO NGA BAKIT NGA BA AKO LAGING KALAT?@@

Why am I not efficient?
not a fast-learner?
keep making mistakes?
And in line of my past rumination for the week *drumrolls*
Why do I have these weaknesses that seem to pose a threat on my daily practical life and future(career as a teacher/academic, perhaps I will manage a household in the near or far future as a wife/mother)? Naaay

      These weaknesses that often put me in tight spots :/ Such a discomfort to not perform the way people expect you to be eh? Hastag "UP ka di ba/UP ka pa naman"...

       .. BUUUT
       that's not the end of my existential crisis yipee

      Minutes after, I realized the nature of God (the God of the Bible at least), that HE IS A GOD WHO LOVES TO HELP. Jesus Christ joined the messy humanity so He can understand us in flesh, blood and tears.He comes to us to meet us right in our mess, not when we're already done cleaning up our mess. If I have not been like this (predisposed to being sabog yay), I would not have known and appreciated God's oh-so-loving kindness. I most probably would have been super proud and arrogant by now - monster.

     Years ago, a professor of mine posed a problem in teaching. She said that we, teachers, teach from our strengths. With that, how can we understand and reach out to our students who are struggling with our subject? How can we understand them in their struggles and offer necessary grace and help? Would not teaching be of more value if it comes from a place of overcoming weaknesses towards strengths, to empower? Hence, hello SpEd.

Weaknesses are a gift of many sorts - which the society can't celebrate.
So I will celebrate it on my own.
While I try to work on it,
and wrap it as a fancy gift for now that I am still working on it.

        Nonetheless, the most liberating thing about weaknesses is how Nothing Can Separate Us from God’s Love :

Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean He no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:35,37-39)
joyful and triumphant



Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

Gabi-gabi plant | Caladium | Heart of Christ

Learning from my Younger Self 2: When Winning is NOT because you’re good

#Throwback: my joy-filled struggles as a SPED practicumer