Bolak Sonday the Warrior Princess

Sketch circa 2011.

One of my two fictional alter egos.
BOLAK SONDAY | PAILALAM RI BOLAK (loveliest of flowers) from the Subanon epic "Guman of the Dumalinao"
*
"At once captured
the maiden of Dliyag'n
by seven men of Tomanong.
The maiden of Dliyag'n
quickly turned around
holding her knife;
neatly slashing
all the men
around where she stood,
she rushed to fight.
Upon her came kampilans. 
Days and nights passed: 
for a whole month
a terrible battle continued,
a battle was going on.
Faded was the beauty
of the maiden of maidens
for bathed in blood she was.
During one hot noon day
she heard someone talking:
"Oh what a brave maiden,
even in battle she stands"
~
The gentleman replied:
"Now oh maiden of maidens
to the palace please go,
even if I may not
do well in your place
I'll stand."
The maiden said:
"If in my stead you stand
it must be a relative
are you a kinsman?"
The gentleman answered:
"Sorry am I to say
I have no kinship with you.
Why is it, maiden,
you are armed for battle? 
Are you not afraid? 
And besides, 
in the battle your beauty fades,
the stand on the field
will lessen your beauty,
stand on the ground."
Answer the maiden:
"Even if I am afraid
I've none to depend upon".

(From Damiana Eugenio's "Philippine Folk Literature: The Epics")

***
    The gentleman is like how God is with me. Well, only that He can conquer every battle AND He is my heavenly Father. How stupid was I to forget those, pushing Him away and running away from Him because I thought that He is not trustworthy! Yet He fought for me even without my consent, even as I doubted and rebelled against Him during all those times.

"๐ŸŽถJust hold on and I'll find you๐ŸŽถ"You will not need to fight in this battle. Stand firm, hold your position, and see My salvation on your behalf". (2Ch 20:17)." 
 
     I was saved in the, what turned out to be a, Warfare -- something I can really never fight in my own wits. God did not let me have my own way. He saved me from all the lies. God did not let me die. HE SAVED ME! #myKnightinShiningArmor

      (Figuratively) Bathed in my own blood and dying, God saved me and covered me with Christ's precious redemptive blood.

"When we're ready to lie down and die on the battlefield, God says, "it is worth it!" [And] The best news is that when [...] we realize He was fighting for us all along." -Dr. Gabriel N.E. Fluhrer, "Fighting for the Prize"
        "Kahit sugatan lumalaban pa rin?". No, God not only wills for us to fight our battles; He wills to completely heal us too, and join us in our battles.


           The battle is over and my Father won me over back again. I'M BAAAACK ๐Ÿ’œ


Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

Gabi-gabi plant | Caladium | Heart of Christ

Learning from my Younger Self 2: When Winning is NOT because you’re good

#Throwback: my joy-filled struggles as a SPED practicumer