This is how Christ's grace looks like (2)

While onboard the FX, radio plays this old baduy Tagalog song, which woke me up:

"Ipaglalaban ko hanggang sa dulo ng mundo, ang ating pag-ibig,di kita iiwan..."(https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JpnPWDP9dFY)

And I was like, "Stop it Lord. Yoko na nga maging christian o. Lagi na lang ako sablay and i have NO HEEAART."

That part kept on repeating. "Ipaglalaban ko hanggang sa dulo ng mundo, ang ating pag-ibig,di kita iiwan..." Ang tagal nagpaulit-ulit as in. Unfortunately, i left my earphones at home so that paulit-ulit part kept repeating in my head even long after the song had ended. πŸ˜‘

***
At Burger King while i was busy finishing my psycho-educational informal assessment materials, these lyrics from a Lady Gaga song suddenly caught my attention:

"No matter what you know I'll, I'll fix you with My love."

I was suddenly distracted from my laser focus. Lord, is that You again? You're not stopping aren't You?

"No matter what you know i'll,i'll fix you with my love.
And if you say you're okay, I'm gonna heal you anyway.
Promise I'll always be there, promise I'll be the cure."
(https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vp8VZe5kqEM)

Pati ba naman kanta ni Lady Gaga πŸ˜‚

All the baduy and most unlikely songs pa talaga πŸ˜‚
The Lord just won't stop!
Three things I realized from this experience:

1. Romans 8:37-39 is so true...
"So, what do you think? With God on our side like this, how can we lose? If God didn’t hesitate to put everything on the line for us,embracing our condition and exposing himself to the worst by sending his own Son, is there anything else he wouldn’t gladly and freely do for us? And who would dare tangle with God by messing with one of God’s chosen? Who would dare even to point a finger? The One who died for us—who was raised to life for us!—is in the presence of God at this very moment sticking up for us. Do you think anyone is going to be able to drive a wedge between us and Christ’s love for us? There is no way! Not trouble, not hard times, not hatred, not hunger, not homelessness, not bullying threats, not backstabbing, not even the worst sins listed in Scripture...
None of this fazes us because Jesus loves us. I’m absolutely convinced that nothing—nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between us and God’s love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us."

2. Psalm 139:7-12
     "Where can I go from your Spirit?
      Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
    if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
    your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
    and the light become night around me,”
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
    the night will shine like the day,
    for darkness is as light to you."

3.
"Christianity is not a decision to be perfect, but a decision to be forgiven." -Michael Ramsden

A song i kept ignoring all throughout this struggle, but this is Christianity in Christ's eyes:

Come however you are. Come with all your heartbreaks. Come with all the mistakes you've made. Lay them down at the cross and give them to the God who loves you.
(https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mA9X199f_CE)

Therefore in the eyes of Christ, i am still a Christian...very much qualified to be one, always.

***Christianity = a religion for the broken, the imperfect, the ugly, the unwanted, the bad and for the helpless; not just a religion but a state where Christ found you and you realized and experienced that He is real.

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

Gabi-gabi plant | Caladium | Heart of Christ

Learning from my Younger Self 2: When Winning is NOT because you’re good

#Throwback: my joy-filled struggles as a SPED practicumer