Reading 'M-E-R-C-Y' in the stars
(picture not mine; credits to the owner)
There I was lying on my bed with eyes firmly closed but with mind so widely awake that my racing thoughts can win any Olympic Marathon. For one hour or almost, I hope I finally would fall asleep, but nope, the dark got into me. The darkness and the silence kept me wide awake in the middle of the night until I finally got up and opened my eyes.
As I opened my eyes, I instinctually looked up my room's ceiling where the stars I stuck there glowed so bright in the dark (yes, those are stars-shaped glow-in-the-dark figures I stuck to the ceiling so it would be like there are stars above me despite the darkness of my room). As I gaze at my stars, some lines from a well-loved song of mine started to play in my head
"His mercy has always been written in the stars..."
How many stars can there be up in the real sky at night -- billions, trillions? How many stars can there be in the galaxy for real -- billions, trillions, gazillions? Well, no one really knows. No scientist has ever made an approximation of how many stars may be in our galaxy and I think that no one will ever be able to do so because no man had explored the whole expanse of our galaxy. Nevertheless, one thing's for sure -- His love and mercy is as numerous as the stars...
How can that be? My fickle mind cannot understand. I am a dot -- insignificant compared to all the stars and planets and satellites in the universe -- yet the all-powerful God offers the kind of mercy as numerous as the stars in the heaven? The stars (and the planets and the satellites) stay in their places. They revolve around their respective orbits day in and day out for the past millenia and for the next ones. BUT ME, I run away from His plans and purposes for me. I stray away -- everyday -- from the orbit I should be faithfully staying into. The stars naturally run in the orbits they have been placed into or they just stay in the position they have been designated to, while me, I run away from God's love for me which I am perfectly meant to stay at. I am so prone to wander away...
Who is the human race by the way (in which I am born from, I belong to, and I struggle with) who never learned to stay in the arms and care of this Mighty God who still chose to give up His son so He might save humanity -- for us, to understand the human frailties and reach out -- despite the subtle, outright, rebellious, sudden or slow heartbreaking rejections we humans are so capable of. And, who am I compared to those vast number of stars who know how to stay in their proper places as God pleases to? Nevertheless, He still chooses to shower me with mercy as vast as those stars even though the love I can and do offer Him is as little as me. He still showers humanity with mercy as vast as the stars in the universe even though there is no guarantee that He will be loved back anyway. Why? That, I cannot understand.
That despite all of these, despite of all the wrong things I chose to do, despite of me belonging to this broken world we call humanity, and in spite all of my running away from Him, He always pulls me out of the darkness of the night so I can see how the stars shine so brightly and constantly for me and you and for humanity because His mercy has always been written in the stars.
Out of the darkness, to the stars up in the sky, back in His arms.
Again, who am I? What benefit would a God who owns the whole universe and power and control get from a frail, human-girl like me?
What's sure is that I really don't know. (Perhaps, NOTHING. He won't get anything from me that is of value compared to His greatness).
What's more sure is that tonight, I have been reminded that I am loved, so dearly loved that my finite human mind will not understand fully. But it's okay. Sometimes, it's okay not to understand or find out or prove... Some things can truly be enjoyed and be fully appreciated if it remains a mystery.
Dear YOU who's reading this, you are dearly loved -- that's no mystery. Don't ask why or how. Just believe it and live by that belief. ☺✌ ❤
****
"His mercy has always been written in the stars" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYIJPgzWDMk *Oooops something's wrong with "my lyrics" of the song* :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_KXsMCJgBQ

Mga Komento
Mag-post ng isang Komento